Mar 17, 2020
Today we have a very special
guest joining us in The Inner Circle.
Stephen Petasky is the founder
of the Luxus Group, he is my best friend and husband, and
we both are very excited to share
our journey of how we conquered the 75 Hard Challenge together.
From the tough lessons, to the health wins, to the new habits we'll
be implementing in our lives, you will not want to miss
Let's dig in!
What You’ll Hear in This Episode:
- Carrie and Stephen introduces us to "75 Hard Challenge" that
seeks to be more than just a physical change, but a mental
- He describes the 5 pieces of the challenge, how and why it works,
and the changes it derives in ourselves.
- You don't know what you don't know when you are getting into
this. The 75 Hard Challenge takes us to a whole new place, where we
won't know what will make us feel.
- We recall the first Friday night of the challenge, we hadn't had
any alcohol in days, it was very cold, but we went out to walk. The
power and connection it created just by replacing some habits with
others better for us were so impactful.
- By simply introducing walking into our regime, it helped us in
our growth and development.
- Stephen talks to us about his goal of improving our brain health,
the 3 pillars for everyone to improve and how these changes affect
- Stephen describes the power of sleep, the circadian rhythm, and,
the healing and recovery effect it has upon us.
- We talk about the importance of melatonin for going deep
sleeping, and how to use our hormones to our success.
- We further explore the changes of resetting our "set point", what
it is, and how to take advantage of it.
- We continue with the nutritional part of the interview, you'll be
amazed by what type of food is critical for your
- A big area for us to improve was gut health, what type of biotics
we introduced to our lives and the resulting differences in our
bodies that had been incredible.
- We discuss hormone health and the battle it has been in our
lives, the changes we did and the phenomenal result.
- Finally, we talk about what are the "new habits" we'll keep
implementing in our lives. Don't miss out.
think there's enough garbage out there about weight loss journeys
and that where people yo-yo diet and don't achieve the health goals
that they want".
was the moment where I understood that I can do a lot more than I
think I can".
was the behavior, the habit of having it just the sake of having it
versus replacing that behavior or habit with luck".
we found was our habit of drinking wine to reconnect was replaced
by a new habit of going for walks together, and it benefited us in
you're done sleeping, don't let the alarm snooze (and stress
you have to wake naturally, just get up when you wake up
blue light that's emitted from your phone blocks the production of
melatonin when you are sleeping".
body fights to be at a specific weight that you are pre-programmed
to be at".
matter what, during the day take something green, get your
micronutrients during the day".
have to support your partner in this journey".
@Stephen Petasky -
-Shawn Stevenson - Sleep
-Jonathan Bailor - The Setpoint
Journey Into the Inner Circle:
@Carrie Doll -